The materials on these Sites do not in any way replace the relationship that you have with your physician and are for general educational information only. Wright Medical Group N.V. and its affiliates and direct and indirect subsidiaries (“Wright” or “We”) do not practice medicine or provide medical services or advice and the information on these Sites should not be considered medical advice. You should always talk to your physician for diagnosis and treatment.
Submissions to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or equivalent agency in other countries may contain surgical techniques that were reviewed as part of the approval or clearance process. These surgical techniques are provided for products when available and provide instructions consistent with the cleared indications for the associated product. While cleared and approved surgical techniques are provided on the web site, the specific technique used is the choice of the surgeon. Wright’s affiliates and subsidiaries, as manufacturers of medical devices, do not practice medicine and do not recommend these or any other surgical techniques for use on a particular patient. The surgeon who performs any implant procedure is responsible for determining and utilizing the appropriate techniques for implanting a prosthesis in the particular patient. Wright is not responsible for the selection of the appropriate surgical technique to be used for an individual patient. Questions regarding the appropriateness of a particular technique or device should be directed to the individual patient’s physician. Wright does not promote or endorse in any way the use of a surgical technique which is not approved for use in the country where the reader is located.
These sites contain information about products that may or may not be available in any particular country or may be available under different trademarks in different countries. The products may be approved or cleared by governmental regulatory organizations for sale or use with different indications or restrictions in different countries. Products may not be approved for use in all countries. Nothing contained on these Sites should be construed as a promotion or solicitation for any product or for the use of any product in a particular way which is not authorized under the laws and regulations of the country where the reader is located. Wright’s products have been approved or cleared for specific indications by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the equivalent agency in other countries. Wright does not promote or endorse in any way the use of Wright’s products for any indication which has not been approved or cleared in the country where the reader is located. Specific questions physicians may have about the availability and use of the products described on this site should be directed to their particular local sales representative. Specific questions patients may have about the use of the products described on this site or the appropriateness for their own conditions should be directed to their own physician. In addition, refer to the product package inserts for important information regarding Wright products.
The physicians identified by Wright as part of the physician locator contained on these Sites are physicians who have used Wright’s products in the past. No other criteria are used by Wright in identifying these physicians. Wright makes no endorsements, warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the abilities or qualifications of physicians identified by Wright. Patients are responsible for making an independent determination as to the qualifications of these physicians and whether a physician suits their particular needs. Wright Medical cannot and does not practice medicine. All decisions regarding products and techniques must be made by physicians in consultation with their patients.
Your Obligation to Provide Truthful Information
You may be asked to submit personal information to these Sites. If you submit personal information to Wright through these Sites, the information you submit must be true, accurate, current, and complete.
Ownership of Sites and Content
Ownership of these Sites. These Sites, including all of the software and code comprising or used to operate these Sites and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on these Sites (collectively, “Content”) are protected under applicable intellectual property and other proprietary laws, including without limitation those of the United States. All Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of Wright Medical Group N.V. or its affiliates or direct and indirect subsidiaries or of third parties who have licensed their rights to Wright. The presence of any Content on these Sites does not constitute a waiver of any right in such Content. You do not acquire ownership rights to any such Content viewed through these Sites. Except as otherwise provided herein, none of this Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the express prior written permission of Wright.
Copyrights. Copyright © Wright Medical Group N.V. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. The entire contents of these Sites are the sole property of Wright. The copying, redistribution, or publication of any part of this site, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the express, written consent of Wright. Violators will be prosecuted. We reserve the right to block any domains we choose from accessing these Sites. All product names, whether or not they appear in all capital letters or with a trademark symbol, are trademarks of Wright. The use of these trademarks without the express, written consent of Wright is prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law, or other applicable laws including those governing libel, slander, publicity, and privacy. As between you and Wright, Wright and its licensors own and reserve the copyrights in these Sites, including all of their Content.
Trademarks. All trade names, trademarks and service marks displayed on these Sites are the registered or unregistered trademarks of Wright Medical Group N.V. or its affiliates or its indirect or direct subsidiaries, or its licensors, or other third parties (collectively, the “Trademarks”) and are protected by U.S. and international trademark laws and treaties. You may not use any Trademarks displayed on these Sites without the prior express written permission of Wright or the trademark owner.
Your Feedback. We welcome your comments, feedback, suggestions, and other communications regarding these Sites and the information, products, and services we make available through these Sites (collectively, “Feedback”). Wright does not accept and does not want unsolicited ideas for products or services. Please do not communicate ideas for new products or services. By submitting Feedback, however, please note that you represent and warrant that any ideas or information you include in your Feedback are not confidential or proprietary in any way and that you have the legal right to disclose the ideas and information and any Feedback sent to Wright will NOT be considered confidential. You shall have no recourse against Wright for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in your communications to us. Please also note that the Feedback you provide to us through these Sites will be and remain Wright’s exclusive property. Your submission of Feedback will constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, title, and interests in your Feedback, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Feedback. We will be entitled to reduce to practice, exploit, make, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, distribute, improve and modify any Feedback you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Feedback that you do not wish to assign to us. All Feedback should be made at contact us.
Other Restrictions on Your Use of Wright’s Sites
You may not use these Sites
- to access (or attempt to access) areas or features of these Sites for which you do not have the proper authorization;
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- in a manner that violates any national, state, local or international law, rule or regulation;
- to compete with Wright, including to advertise, promote, or sell products or services that compete with products and services offered by Wright;
- to further or promote any criminal or illegal activity or to provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- in a manner that interferes with, disables, disrupts, impairs, or creates an undue burden on the networks or services that support these Sites;
- to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications; or
- in a manner that we determine, in Wright’s sole discretion, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying these Sites.
Removal of Content
Right to Modify or Discontinue Sites
Wright reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, these Sites (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Wright shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of these Sites.
Links to Other Sites
Disclaimer of Warranties
WRIGHT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THESE SITES, ANY CONTENT ON THESE SITES, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROMOTED THROUGH THESE SITES. THESE SITES AND ALL OF THEIR CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WRIGHT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM OR COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONÐINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WRIGHT DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THESE SITES. WRIGHT DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY OPINION, ADVICE, COMMENT OR STATEMENT MADE ON THESE SITES BY USERS, AND SUCH STATEMENTS DO NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT THE OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF WRIGHT.
Users agree that the access and use of this site and its contents is at their own risk.
Wright specifically reserves the right to change, delete or update information without notice at any time, however, Wright accepts no obligation to update the information contained on this site.
Limitations of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL WRIGHT, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE SITES, THEIR CONTENT, ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THESE SITES, OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THESE SITES, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO VIRUSES THAT MAY
AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, DATA OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR USE OF THESE SITES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL FROM THESE SITES.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF WRIGHT OR ANOTHER RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF WRIGHT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR
ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen
We are proud of these Sites and we strive to ensure that they do not offend people of any age. However, these Sites are not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personal information on or through these Sites without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Statute of Limitations
Information published in these Sites may refer to products, programs, or services that are not available in your country. Consult your Wright business contact for the products, programs and services that may be available to you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us.
Our Privacy Commitment
Wright Medical Group N.V. understands the right to privacy and is committed to keeping all your Personal Data secure.
- THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS
- WHY WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTY
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CONTACT US
- PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
“Wright Medical”, “we or “us” means Wright Medical Group N.V. and each of its affiliates.
“Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Wright Medical (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of Wright Medical or any other person in respect of an individual.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
1. THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS
- 1.1 – We may process information about you including, but not limited to:
- General information, such as name, postal and/or email address, phone number, date of birth, job title, and other information such as photographs and digital imagery, payment-related information, government issued identification in accordance with applicable law (e.g. driving license, passport, professional license number), agreements, your communications preferences; queries you make to Wright Medical;
- Sensitive information, such as health information or reports of an individual end-customer (i.e. concerning product claims and investigations, patient pre and post-operative outcomes for research and statistical purposes in accordance with applicable law); and
2. WHY WE PROCESSES YOUR INFORMATION
- 2.1 – We may process your Personal Data for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Proceeding with the orders of our products and services;
- Responding to enquiries, and inviting individuals to our events;
- Engaging with healthcare professional and key opinion leaders;
- Conducting surveys and interviews with healthcare professional to help us improve our products;
- Providing information about our products and services;
- Complying with regulatory obligations;
- Improving the content, functionality and usability of our websites;
- Personalising the content of our websites according to the user’s interests;
- Managing and administrating our business; and
- Any other purpose identified in applicable Privacy Notices, or other agreement between you and Wright Medical
- 2.2 – Where we process Personal Data, we make sure that we have a lawful basis, including:
- Processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with our customers;
- You have provided consent (in which cases, such consent can be withdrawn at any time);
- Processing is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual;
- Processing is in the public interest;
- Processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings; or
- Processing is in Wright Medical’s legitimate interests, such as
- managing and administrating the operation of our business effectively and efficiently;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
- conducting scientific and statistical research;
- improving our products and services;
- enabling quick and easy access to information on Wright Medical products;
- offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
- obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security to update our security solutions and provide these to the market.
- 2.3 – In addition to the above, where we process special categories of Personal Data, such as information about individuals’ health, religion, ethnicity, genetic and biometric data, sexual orientation or sex life, we shall only do so in accordance with the obligations of the law. We rely on conditions including, but not limited to:
- You have provided explicit consent;
- Processing is necessary for specific rights and obligations related to employment;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of provision of healthcare or occupational medicine, pursuant to a contract with a healthcare professional, and
- Processing is necessary for scientific research.
- 3.1 – We will not collect personal information for children under the age of 13 without prior, verifiable consent from his or her legal representative.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- 4.1 – We may share your Personal Data within the Wright Medical group of companies for the purposes described above.
- 4.2 – We may also share your Personal Data outside of the Wright Medical group for the following purposes:
- To the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- If we sell our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes; and
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third-party buyer.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- 5.1 – Wright Medical is a global business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result, we collect and transfer Personal Data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer your Personal Data to locations outside of your country.
- 5.2 – Where we transfer your Personal Data to a country located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with the legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of the EEA, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- The recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- Where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside Europe.
6. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
- 6.1 – We have extensive controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Personal Data is protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Industry best practice security controls are in place and monitored on a regular basis. Electronic and physical access to systems where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited and controlled.
- 6.2 – As a condition of employment, Wright Medical employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to sensitive Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to know it to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by a Wright Medical employee is prohibited by policy and may result in disciplinary measures.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 7.1 – How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which we are using it – Wright Medical will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose;
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
- 8.1 – Under the applicable law (e.g. European data privacy law), you may have the following rights:
- The right to obtain information regarding the Processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the Processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
- In some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Wright Medical;
- The right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- The right to object to, or request that we restrict, our Processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our Processing of your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us; and
- The right to provide instructions regarding the Processing of data after your death.
- 8.2 – You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details listed in paragraph 9 below.
9. CONTACT US
Fraser House, 56 Kingston Road,
Staines-upon-Thames, TW18 4NL, UK
Email Address: [email protected]
- 9.2 – We are usually able to resolve privacy questions or concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy Officer, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction. Upon request, Wright Medical’s Privacy Officer will provide you with the contact information for that regulator.
- 10.2 – This policy was last updated in May 2020.
11. PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- A. Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
We collect and use information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you (“Personal Information”). Specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, such as name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number;
- Online activity information, including, but not limited to information regarding your interaction with our digital products (i.e. BluePrint™ and Prophecy™)
- Location information that you provide or that we collect via your device, subject to your settings;
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered; and payment information such as payment card numbers;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as pictures, video and audio recordings where you have provided your permission;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as employer, job title, work history, professional qualifications, publications and references;
- Education information;
- Sensitive personal information, such as health information or criminal background in accordance with applicable law).
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of Personal Information as described above from: (i) California residents who have visited our websites or used one of our digital products; (ii) provided us their Personal Information; or (iii) had or have a contractual or business relationship with us or any of our affiliates.
We have collected such Personal Information from one or more of the following categories of sources:
- Information that you submit or share directly with us, through registrations, surveys, applications, or telephone calls, and email and postal communications;
- Information passively collected from cookies and other website analytics;
- Information collected through third parties and public databases;
- From one or more of our affiliates with which you have a business relationship;
- Service providers with which we have a contractual relationship and to which you have provided your Personal Information.
We may collect one or more of the following specific pieces of personal information:
- Legal name, nickname, signature, email address, postal address, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, physical characteristics or description, educational level, current employment or employment history, biometric information, and/or geolocation data.
- Account name, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information and/or health insurance information.
- Online identifier, Internet Protocol address, Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement
- We do not and will not sell your Personal Information.
C. Your Privacy Rights
Subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information. To exercise those rights, you must submit a request by either calling us at +1 800 238 7117 or submitting your request at [email protected] We may ask you to provide additional information to verify your request. We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights as described in this notice. For example, we may not deny goods or services to you, or charge you different prices or rates, or provide a different level of quality of products or services.
Right to Information
You have the right to request the following information regarding the personal information we have collected about you:
- Categories of personal information collected about you, and sources from which collected;
- Our purpose for collecting personal information;
- Categories of third-parties with which the personal information was shared; and
- Specific pieces of personal information collected about consumers.
You have the right to request the following information regarding the personal information we have sold or disclosed about you:
- Categories of your personal information sold in the preceding 12 months;
- Categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been disclosed;
- Categories of personal information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have about you. However, we are not required to delete information if it is necessary to retain your information to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or a transaction reasonably anticipated within the context of our or one of our affiliate’s ongoing business relationship with you, or to otherwise perform a contract we have with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impact the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Facilitate solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us or one of our affiliates.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which it was provided.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files of letters and numbers that a website may place or store on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site or page.
When navigating on Wright Medical’s websites, cookies may be placed on your computer or mobile device.
You have the right reconsider your decision at any time.
2. Types of cookies
First-party cookies: These cookies are set by the website you’re visiting (e.g. www.wright.com)
Third-party cookies: These cookies are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting.
Session cookies: These cookies only last as long as your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer or Safari).
Persistent cookies: These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie.
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies let you use all the different parts of the Wright Medical website. Without them, services that you’ve asked for can’t be provided.
Functional cookies: These cookies help us personalise the service to you by remembering your preferences and settings.
Performance cookies: These cookies help us make sure that the website is working properly and fix any errors. Also, they let us understand how you use our website.
The following cookies are cookies used on our website:
|Name of the cookie||Third Party Provider||Functionality|
This cookie remembers last username signed into website.
This cookie is used to maintain user session variables.
This cookie keeps track of visitor preferences. It is a persistent cookie.
This cookie recognizes logged in users.
This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. It is a persistent cookie.
The B and C cookies are brothers, working together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc tales a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
This cookie is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
This cookie keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine they used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used, and where they were when accessed the site. It expires in 6 months.
These cookies are used to distinguish users.
This cookie gathers visitor statistics.
This cookie identifies different users behind a shared IP address.
_pk_id.14.179f, _pk_ref.14.179f, _pk_ses.14.179f
These cookies are used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier.
Credential used by the application to access to an API (standard for OAuth2).
Contains the information required to obtain a new Access Token (standard for OAuth2).
This cookie is used by BluePrint™ and is necessary for ReCaptcha authentication, a means of differentiating human user from bots.
4. How can I control or delete cookies?
In relation to our website, most browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you use websites. You can change the settings on your browser to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being set on your computer or mobile device. You can also delete cookies stored on your computer or mobile device through your browser.
Please refer to your browser instructions or Help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings. You will find below the Help pages of the commonly used navigators:
You can also activate the parameter “Do not track” on your browser to send a code stating that you do not wish to be tracked:
For opting-out cookies placed by Google Analytics, you can also install the following add-on on your usual) navigator (Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera): https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Please note that parts of our websites may not function correctly if you disable the cookies.